Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting - Familia Mayol Bonarda


Name: Familia Mayol Bonarda
Variety: Bonarda
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $15

Winery Review: Intense color.  Blue and violet hues.  Medium-bodied Bonarda. Spices, black fruits, blueberries and blackberries, and subtle acidity on the palate.  Typical varietal character with a hint of minty eucalyptus.

My Review:  I had this wine with my cousin (pictured below) in my first wine bar located in Baltimore!  On the nose it was spicy and there was lots and lots of oak.  It had big tannins, a nice structure with a little more acidity than anything else.  There was very little heat and it had a jammy flavor.  I did not have this wine                    
                                                                with food and I did not really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment